Friday, April 8, 2011

Writting Quick Start 573

The picture on the left side of page 573 is meant to make a statement about the environment. The statement, in my opinion is pretty clear. There is a sign in the picture that says “Save the Redwoods”. There is also, in my opinion a bigger meaning behind this picture. I believe the overall theme or message of this picture is “Save the rainforest”. With that being said, in order for me to form a working thesis about this photograph I would consider consulting sources such as The Wildlife Conservation Society (wcs.org), defenders.org, or any other organizations whose main interest revolves around the conservation of wildlife and the rainforest.

 In order to provide further evidence for my thesis I would look at how Red Wood trees in particular help to support the eco-system in the rain forest. The main questions I would ask myself is: What affect does the Red wood Tree have on the forest and its inhabitants? And what would happen to the eco-system if that tree were to disappear? The answers to these two questions alone would provide enough substance and evidence to make a compelling argument about this topic

No comments:

Post a Comment